Thursday 17 July 2014

What restricts you from opening up?

There are times when you have your brain flooded with thoughts. Things you want to say, things you want to be heard, and things you want to keep to yourself. Times when you feel like getting those thoughts out but can't. What restricts you? Well that's the question!

(Out of the minimal experience I've had with life, I've sort of ended up believing that human nature is too complex to be understood. Too complex indeed. I don't understand how we judge others when we don't know enough about ourselves. )

As far as I've observed, its our fears that restrict us: fear of being misunderstood, fear of being exposed, and most importantly, fear of being judged. I've been a staunch advocate of how we should make a move towards understanding others instead of being judgmental, but surprisingly, there have been instances when I've been guilty of judging others. I've judged others wrongly and I regret that. When I got the chance of knowing those very people it was then  that I realized how wrong I had been. But the truth is, we truly understand the fear of being judged when we personally know how wrong it can turn out to be. So my point here is, that if not the only, one way to get rid of this fear is to stop being judgmental. (next time you consider a person naïve, look at how naïve you yourself are to think that way)

Not many people now believe that what goes around comes around, but I do. Do you feel you cant trust people? that's because you're insecure. That's because you don't trust yourself either. If trusting others is hard for you don't mind if they don't trust you back. What if they have the same insecurities as you do? Don't judge them on not being good enough to trust for you are only as good as they are.

I understand that there are deep rooted reasons to why we end up doing what we do. But take a few minutes out and think over why something happened. Remember to keep your ego aside. Keep yourself in the shoes of the other person. Consider their perspective. You may be right but there might be times when their position seems equally justifiable.

So next time you feel threatened by any of those fears, make an attempt at trusting yourself. Once you trust yourself it will be easy to trust others. It will be hard to do but it will work out. (It worked out in my case!) Be the person you like to meet. Be the best friend you want to be. Not everyone will like you and you shouldn't mind that because each individual has his/her preferences. However, changing yourself in this way will help you in making friends and being surrounded by people you like (even if they're just a handful!). Thus beat your fears my friend! Don't keep them thoughts and feelings inside. Share them. Enjoy them.
 Be the change you want!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment